1. I always wanted a job where I could make a difference in the lives of others.
2. Middle schoolers are the BEST! They change as fast as the weather changes; there is no day that's the same! I love their funny responses to questions and their quirkiness. Their creativity, uniqueness, and zest for life inspires me!
3. Each day has its own set of challenges and no day is ever the same.
4. I am constantly learning. I learn so much each day about my students, myself, and about teaching!
5. The challenge continually pushes me to improve and get better at what I do. I am surrounded by amazing teachers every day and I love learning from them.
6. Who doesn't love chicken nugget day?
7. Each year you get to start fresh. I love that, but I also hate it! I always wonder what happens to my students after they go on to high school and then onto their adult lives. It brings me so much joy to get an email, a visit, or a note from an old student!
8. The ability to be an example for them, to talk about my own middle school experience, and the opportunity to be there when they make mistakes or hard decisions is so awesome. I don't know of many jobs where you can get to know kids so well and SEE them grow as much as we do.
9. School supplies.
10. The opportunity to talk about books and help students rediscover their love of reading. It takes TIME, but it is an absolute joy and pleasure!